PENALTIES FOR DOMESTIC VIOLENCE IN LAS VEGAS
If you are convicted for the crime of Battery-Domestic Violence in Las Vegas you will be put in jail for a minimum of 2 days, and the judge could sentence you to up to 6 months in jail if he thinks the facts and circumstances justify this punishment (For example if a young child witnesses the incident);
- Additionally, you will be ordered to complete a minimum of 48 hours, but not more than 120 hours, of community service;
- You will be ordered to Pay a fine of up to $1,000 dollars;
- You will be ordered to go to counseling sessions for Battery Domestic Violence of at least 1 1/2 hours per week for 6 months for the treatment of domestic violence.
- You will be ordered to pay for each class in the amount of $35 dollars per class
If this is the second offense within 7 years the judge will order the following
- A minimum of10 days in jail up to 6 months in jail;
- Perform a minimum of 100 hours, but not more than 200 hours, of community service;
- Pay a fine of not less than $500, but not more than $1,000.
- Participate w in weekly counseling sessions of at least 1 1/2 hours per week for 12 months for the treatment of domestic violence.
- Pay a $35 for each class (52 total classes)
For the third and any subsequent offense within 7 years, you are convicted of a guilty of a category C felony. You must serve a mandatory 1 to 5 year sentence. There is no probation for this offense. In addition, the court may impose a fine of up to $10,000.