Chapter 7 Bankruptcy in Las Vegas
Many individuals are extremely distressed at having to file for bankruptcy. What they may fail to realize is that Chapter 7 bankruptcy was created for the sole purpose of giving debt relief to individuals who need it. Most people want to pay their obligations and don’t like to feel like they failed in some way. But Congress understood that there will be many people who want to repay their creditors, but due to unforeseen hardships such as job losses, divorces and medical bills, they simply cannot repay them.
Filing Chapter 7, with only a few exceptions, may allow you to clear away all of your unsecured debt such as credit cards, payday loans, unsecured loans, medical bills, broken leases, etc. without having to repay any of it. Once you file, your creditors can no longer continue to call or harass you in any way because you are under the protection of the United States Bankruptcy Court. All collection actions, including lawsuits, wage garnishments or any other legal actions must immediately stop.
To ensure you receive the right protection from your creditors, you need an experienced bankruptcy attorney in Las Vegas to walk you through the process of filing chapter 7.
Some indicators that might lead you to needing some form of protection from your creditors through bankruptcy include:
- You’ve fallen behind on some of your credit card payments
- You’ve reached or exceeded the limit on some of your credit cards
- You’ve had to juggle credit card payments by using some credit cards to pay off other credit cards
- Although you may have enough monthly income to pay normal monthly living expenses, you don’t have enough left over to get caught up or get ahead
- You have trouble sleeping at night because you stress about making ends meet
- You are unable to save any money for retirement because you don’t have any money left over at the end of the month
- Creditors are calling you at your home or work
- Your interest rates on your credit cards have increased because you were late on some of your payments
- The balance on your credit cards keeps increasing each month
- Your credit card companies increased your minimum monthly payment and you can’t afford it.
- You’ve had to borrow money from “pay day” loan companies
- You need money to pay your creditors so you’re thinking about borrowing from a retirement account or worse, taking out a home equity loan
- You are having marital problems because you and your spouse argue about finances
- You have lost too much money gambling in Las Vegas
If any of the above sounds familiar, it is time for you to consult with an experienced Chapter 7 Las Vegas bankruptcy lawyer who can give you sound advice regarding your personal financial situation. Filing for Chapter 7 may finally give you the relief from stress and worry that you need to once again enjoy life.